Welcome to Patch 4.4! This is our first Standard focused Balance Patch. We’re targeting some of the strongest Meta decks and are giving a little love to some decks and archetypes that are coming in just a little under. Patch 4.4 will be live on April 26th at 10:00 AM PT.
Read on for the changes below:
Here’s a look at each of the card updates coming in this patch:
We hit a few road bumps with our first Runeterra Open, but you can read all about how our team is working to address community concerns in article.
Congratulations to our three winners of the first Runeterra Open, they are qualified for our Mystery Event!
In this patch the following features will be released for Competitive:
- Your Daily Rumble and Runeterra Open opponents will now be determined based on other players with a similar number of wins as you. Duke it out to make it to the finish line and earn Glory.
- Friend Challenge Formats
- Added Eternal Best of 3 to the Friend Challenge game modes list.
- Ruthless Rumbles: Unlimited Entry
- Looking for Trophies or practice for the World Qualifier Open? As an experiment, the 2 Ruthless Rumbles this month will feature unlimited entries.
The next Runeterra Open is Set for May 13 & 14th, and it will be a World Qualifier Open. The first prize is a direct invite to Worlds, as well a larger cash prize than the regular Runeterra Opens.
Below is a sneak peek at the Icons you can earn on the Ranked Ladder at the end of this Glory in Navori Season! Friendly reminder, Eternal Season will start with the next patch (4.5) and the Glory in Navori season will end June 28th.
Path of Champions
Elise is being added to the Path of Champions! Check out her Star Powers below:
- Elise Star Powers
- SPIDER QUEEN: When allies attack, grant allied Spiderlings everywhere +1|+0.
- CAUGHT IN THE WEBS: +1 Starting Mana. Round End: If an ally died this round, summon a Spiderling.
- SPIDER QUEEN II: When allies attack, grant allied Spiderlings everywhere +1|+0 and the positive keywords of allied champions.
Let’s talk about Starter Decks. Unfortunately, the decks we had been preparing to release with Rotation took longer to cook than we had hoped. We saw your feedback and agree; not having Standard Decks available as starters wasn’t ideal for new players.
So, we’re releasing seven Starter Standard Decks in our next patch (4.5). Additionally, to compensate for the delay, these will be free for all users for a limited time. We look forward to sharing these with you next month, along with more information on how to claim them.
LoR Turns Three!
It’s the three-year anniversary of Legends of Runeterra. Join the team in celebrating this important milestone with log-in rewards and quests. Complete them all by May 10th at 10:00 am PT to get the following rewards:
- Norra Champ Card
- 3rd Anniversary Player Icon
- New Norra Emote
- Bard Champ Card
- Norra Icon
- Norra Prismatic
- 3rd Anniversary Card Back
Community Card Kitchen
Don’t miss out on the Community Card Kitchen. We’ve already kicked off voting and are well underway on figuring out what region the card we all craft together will belong to!
- Fixed an issue where copies of units with the Poro Fluft item died when summoned in TPoC.
- Fixed an issue where the Poro Fluft item was reapplied after a champion leveled up or was transformed in TPoC.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Ephemeral’ was missing its icon and highlight on the Cursed Symbol item in TPoC.
- Fixed an issue where the player profile card collection showed the Freljord region only at 99% even when all cards were purchased.
- Fixed an issue where Tranquility Dragon Karma was missing VO.
- Fixed an issue where the mana cost for Darkin followers was not reduced by Go Get It.
- Fixed an issue where Icathian Myths could not be cast correctly when cost reduced.
- Fixed an issue where Disintegrate’s effect could trigger multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where Sump Fumes was not properly reflecting damage in Oracle’s Eye.
- Fixed a visual issue related to card draw animations not playing properly for some cards.
- Fixed an issue where the Action Log was not registering cards killed by Ceaseless Sentry.
- Fixed an issue where Weaponsmith’s Apprentice’s effect activated erroneously when she was captured by an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where using a transform effect to transform another unit into a copy of a Powder Keg stack caused crashes and an incorrect amount of Powder Kegs.
- Fixed an issue where Bard’s Traveler’s Call and Traveler’s Call would not activate all Portals in the top three cards of a deck.
- You can no longer give Bard a million chimes.
- Fixed an issue where Treasure of the Sands created by Buried Armory would not be revealed in hand.
- Fixed an issue where Nasus’ Boon of the Ascended II would not become the Restored Sun Disc if the Buried Sun Disc waited for room in the back row from the overflow zone.
- Removed Tentacle from Test of Spirit’s card fan, and fixed an issue where Eye of God was not displaying Tentacle in its card fan.
- Fixed an issue where Fading Memories & Iterative Improvement would not trigger Spellshield.
- Fixed an issue where Treasured Trash could create itself.
- Fixed an issue where Nabbed cards were not tracked in their flyout.
- Fixed minor templating and visual issues.
- Fixed an issue where players could start a gauntlet run outside the official play window.
- There is a known issue with the Event Pass causing players who already have a relic to receive nothing after completing that node. The team is working on a fix and will compensate players for this node in a future patch.