New Expansion: Empires of the Ascended
It’s finally time to awaken your empire. The Empires of the Ascended expansion introduces a new region — Shurima — as well as 110 collectible cards across all regions including Shurima, 9 champions, and new keywords and mechanics that can completely alter your destiny!
Empires of the Ascended arrives in patch 2.3.0, which will be playable at approximately 11AM PT, March 3.
New Region: Shurima
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been steadily revealing all of the cards being introduced in Empires of the Ascended, which concluded with Azir’s reveal earlier today. You can head to one of the galleries below to check out the full list:
Within the 110 new collectible cards being added in Empires of the Ascended, some new keywords have been introduced: Countdown, Predict, and Reputation. Check out the explainers below on each of these new keywords:
Updates to Challenges, Quests, and AI Decks
New Challenges and Quests have been added to introduce you to the keywords, archetypes, and champions being added in Empires of the Ascended. AI decks featuring Shurima, as well as other cards added in the expansion have also been added to the Vs. AI opponent pool.
Region Road Updates
With Shurima’s rise comes a new Region Road, and Demacia, Noxus, Freljord, and Shadow Isles have also been extended for the addition of their newest champions.
- Shurima Region Road added, featuring 25 levels, including a Shurima card back.
- Demacia, Noxus, Feljord, and Shadow Isles extended an additional 4 levels.
Patch 2.3.0 introduces the Champion Mastery feature. Play your favorite champions to increase their Champion Mastery level, and unlock special card borders to show off your prowess! Learn all about Champion Mastery here.
New Lab: United Front PvP
Patch 2.3.0 brings a new rotation to Multilab:
- Lab of Legends
- United Front PvP (New in 2.3.0!)
- Heimer’s Madness
Heimerdinger has taken another crack at his United Front Lab, upgrading it to a 2v2 PvP tag-team battle!
Just like in United Front PvE, each player is offered a champion at the start of the game, which determines the deck they’ll bring into battle, but they share a board & units, and must work together in order to achieve victory!
You can queue with either a friend or random partner, but regardless of your recruitment strategy, communication is essential to optimize your plays. Use the experimental P.I.N.G. system by dragging special social emotes onto the board to suggest attackers, blockers, send a friendly fistbump, and more!
For legends who come back stronger than before.
This Board has special visual effects and music.
The desert holds many wonders, and Fen may just be the cutest of them all.
Hobby: Sand Surfing
Fen is available in the Empires of the Ascended Event Pass.
The Curator of the Sands
For legends who do what is right, not what is easy.
The Butcher of the Sands
For legends who succumb to the beast within.
The Emperor of the Sands
For legends who overcome the past.
For legends who move mountains.
Bundles / Event Pass
- Empires of the Ascended Event Pass available for 975 Coins. Purchasing the Event Pass will immediately unlock the Fen Guardian. Additional details:
- Grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards. Play games to earn Sun Discs and unlock more rewards, including Guardian variants, Emotes, Card Backs, Prismatic Cards, and more!
- Purchase before March 16 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Sun Discs and a Rare Prismatic Chest!
- Event ends and pass expires March 31 at 11:00AM PT.
Jump straight into the heat of battle (and the Shuriman desert) with 2 new deck bundles available in the store. Challenge your enemies with powerful combos with the Wardens of War deck featuring Renekton and Jarvan IV, or strike fast and hard to activate Reputation with the Mistresses of Battle deck.
Ranked Rewards & New Season
With the release of Empires of the Ascended, the Cosmic Creation Season has come to a close. Fight hard in the Empires of the Ascended season to earn your place in the next Seasonal Tournament, which will be run using a new format! Get all the details on the future of Seasonal Tournaments here.
- Ranked will be disabled from 9:00-11:00AM PT to prepare for the new Ranked season.
- Rewards based on your Cosmic Creation rank will be delivered to your account.
For Empires of the Ascended we’re adding five new archetypes to the Expeditions pool, featuring the new champions and strategies highlighted in this expansion.
- Five new Empires of the Ascended archetypes added to the Expeditions draft pool.
- Ascension: Restores the Sun Disc to achieve the glory of level 3 Azir, Renekton, or Nasus.
- Challengers: Renekton and Jarvan IV use Vulnerable and Challenger to force opponents into fights at their advantage.
- Incubators: Taliyah and Lissandra use landmarks with Countdown to spawn huge units.
- Reputation: Sivir and LeBlanc use big strikes to enable Reputation and dish out huge damage combos.
- Slayers: Nasus and Kindred slay units to grow into unstoppable gods of death.
- Empires of the Ascended archetypes will temporarily be four times as likely as they would otherwise be to appear in the initial Champion Picks. We’ll even out these chances in a later patch.
- Cards from Empires of the Ascended have been added to various appropriate archetypes.
- NOTE: Active Expeditions will not roll over into Empires of the Ascended, and players will be forced to retire any active runs. Active trials (not those mid-draft!) will be compensated normally.
- Increased the maximum number of deck slots in the Collection from 30 > 50.
- Known issue – cross-shard friend challenge has been disabled until patch 2.4.0 to address several high-severity bugs. We apologize for the inconvenience; please keep an eye out for additional updates.
- Fixed an issue where Katarina would occasionally strike the Nexus while being the target of Dragon’s Rage.
- Fixed a visual issue where Stress Testing would cause Fleeting cards to overlap in hand.
- Fixed several visual issues with tooltips occasionally being overlapped by other UI elements in the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue where The Cloven Way would occasionally get stuck on the board.
- Fixed several text issues in card text, descriptions, and tooltips in our continued focus on improving consistency.
- Fixed an issue where Aphelios could sometimes create Moon Weapons without the Phase requirements being met.
- Fixed an error where casting Pick A Card would occasionally result in a visual bloom effect.
- Fixed an error where an interaction between Aurelion Sol and Celestial cards would occasionally result in a visual bloom effect.
- Fixed an issue where a silenced Jinx would occasionally allow Super Mega Death Rocket to persist over multiple turns.
- Fixed an issue where Tahm Kench would occasionally not play any VFX when obliterating units.
- Fixed an issue where Wiggly Burblefish would occasionally not play any SFX when attacking.
- Fixed an issue where the numbers for Wildcards / Currencies on mobile would display incorrectly.