New Game Mode – The Path of Champions
The Path of Champions is Legends of Runeterra’s brand new PvE adventure mode coming in patch 2.19.0 on November 10 at 10AM~ PT. Travel across Runeterra as one of your favorite champions, conquer unique encounters, earn and equip powerful Relics, recruit allies, and upgrade your champion like never before to take on all-new challenges.
To celebrate Riot x Arcane, a special set of adventures are available in Piltover & Zaun, featuring fully-voiced & animated comics, as well as branching narrative choices to add storyful depth and flair to the regions’ inhabitants.
For more information on The Path of Champions, be sure to check out:
New Event – The Path of Champions Event & Mega Event Pass
The Path of Champions event launches with the release of the patch on November 10 at 10AM~ PT, and runs through December 8 at 9AM PT. Our largest event pass to date, you can earn up to 35 rewards, including exclusive new emotes, guardians, card backs, and more. Full event pass details will be shared alongside the release of the patch.
Jayce, Piltover & Zaun’s newest champion, arrives this patch with a veritable arsenal of hextech experiments and Piltovan allies! Jayce brings his transformation technology to Legends of Runeterra, allowing him to be played as either a Quick Attack or Challenger unit. A champion with an obsession for big projects, he levels up after playing big 6+ cost spells, and gains the ability to double cast them at level 2!
Learn more about all the new cards coming in this patch at the links below!
The following personalization items will be available in The Path of Champions event pass & the Store.
Alternate art & level-up animation
For legends with a spark of genius.
This board has interactive elements, special visual effects, and music.
Nothing gets past the mechanical guard beast.
Guardian Personality: Fierce
Eats: Scraps of Metal
Doing the same routine every game—I mean, every day.
Guardian Personality: Straightforward
Hobby: Running in a straight line
There’s no crime he can’t sniff out.
Guardian Personality: Inquisitive
Hobby: Reading detective novels
One pipin’ hot poro, fresh from the smithy!
Guardian Personality: Breathless
Hobby: Relaxing in the furnace
Your fiercest defender… until the battery runs out.
Guardian Personality: Robotic
Loves: Getting new upgrades
Eye of Zaun
The Defender of Tomorrow
Above the Clouds
You Played What?
“Just keep smiling, and everything will be fine…”
“Did ya SEE the size of that explosion?”
How About No
“You’re going to have to try better than that.”
Gilded Champion Skin Icons
The Path of Champions Event Pass Icons
The Path of Champions Event Pass is available in the Store for 975 Coins:
Gear up for the adventure of your life. The path to progress awaits!
Purchase before November 23 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Hextech Marbles and a Rare Prismatic Chest! The event pass grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards, and immediately unlocks the Hextech Beast Guardian. All unlockable rewards can be viewed on the Event rewards road.
Play games to earn Hextech Marbles and unlock more rewards!
Event ends and pass expires December 8 at 9AM PT.
The Progress Day Party Bundle is available in the Store for 5310 Coins, prorated for any items you already own. Bundle includes:
- Gilded Vi Skin
- Gilded Jinx Skin
- Gilded Caitlyn Skin
- Gilded Ekko Skin
- Gilded Jayce Skin
- Champion cards for all of the above champions
The That Magic Touch deck bundle is available in the Store for 3202 Coins, prorated for any items you already own:
- A premade deck centered around high-powered spell combos, featuring Jayce and Nami, as well as the Gilded Jayce skin. Attune yourself to magic’s true power. Synergize Jayce’s Hextech spells with Nami’s ancient Marai magic to craft dizzying new combos.
- First-time players will have a more streamlined tutorial experience. The Path of Champions is now included in a new player’s initial journey.
- In the end of game flow, multiple quest results screens have been condensed into one, getting you to your next game faster! The summary highlights a couple quests; current progress for all quests can still be viewed in your quest menu after the game.
- Reduced the number of taps / clicks required to activate Guardian animations.
- Fixed a bug where Ursine Spiritwalker’s Plunder w Pandemonium.
- Fixed a bug where Rimefang Wolf’s ability wouldn’t work on 0-power units that gained Power upon surviving damage.
- Relentless Pursuit will now resolve correctly and is not conditional on the Rally buff.
- Fixed a bug where Station Archivist would fail to create a Fleeting copy of a spell when played.
- Fixed a bug where cards created by the Station Archivist did not have the cost reduction buff from Marai Greatmother.
- Updated Heimerdinger’s text to correctly state he levels up on playing Tech units.
- Fallen Reckoner can no longer give the Can’t Block condition to Immobile enemy units.
- Sandseer’s effect now correctly happens on Play instead of on Summon.
- Fixed a bug where Impact was not triggering on units with Strike abilities that remove them from play.
- Event Horizon’s secondary effect will now correctly trigger even if the primary target is removed.
- Impact Damage is now correctly doubled by The Dreadway.
- Fixed an issue where certain interactions would cause the game to crash.
- Fixed several UI, UX, and general visual bugs to improve overall game clarity.
- Fixed several VO bugs across the game that were causing incorrect or no VO lines to play.