New Champion Expansion – Viego & Akshan
The Ruination approaches. Will you support the Ruined King, or fight back with the Sentinels of Light? It’s time to declare your allegiance, because this patch includes Legends of Runeterra’s second champion expansion! This champion expansion includes two new champions: Viego, the Ruined King, and Akshan, the Rogue Sentinel, alongside 21 new collectible cards featuring followers, spells, and landmarks across the Ruination and the Sentinels of Light!
Viego & Akshan arrive in patch 2.12.0, which will be playable at approximately 11AM PT, July 14.
New Event – Sentinels of Light
The Sentinels of Light event launches on July 14, and runs through August 10, and comes with an all-new dueling event pass featuring exclusive rewards based on the Ruination and the Sentinels of Light.
Dueling Event Pass
As a dueling Event Pass, the first time you log in during the event, you’ll need to declare your allegiance to either the Ruined King, or the Sentinels of Light. Your decision determines the order Event Pass rewards are received, and every point you earn during the event contributes to your side in the Sentinels of Light Community Battle!
Not only that, but we’re happy to announce that Legends of Runeterra is participating in The Sentinels Initiative, a charity drive towards the Riot Games Social Impact Fund, alongside LoL PC, Wild Rift, and TFT. In addition to Riot’s initial $1M donation, every Event Pass level completed will contribute a point to the Charity Drive Pool. For every million points players contribute (combined across all games), an extra $100k will be added to the donation, up to a potential $4M total!
Over the past week, we’ve been revealing all of the cards being added in this champion expansion. Head to one of the galleries below to get the full list of new cards!
Additionally, if you’re ready to choose your side and theorycraft a deck to take down the opposition, or still need some inspiration, we’ve been working with our friends at Mobalytics to set up alliance-specific deck libraries. Whether you want to watch the Ruination take over all of Runeterra, or fight it back with the Sentinels of Light, head to one of the links below to prepare yourself!
The following personalization items are available in the Sentinels of Light Event Pass & the Store.
This patch introduces Board Chromas, inspired variants of certain Boards to further personalize your side of the field. You do not need to own the base version of a Board to purchase and equip a Board Chroma. Three chromas are available for the new Sentinel Sanctuary Board added in this patch.
Alternate art & level-up animation
For legends who light the way with a steadfast heart.
This board has interactive elements, special visual effects, and music.
Sentinel Sanctuary (Citrine) – Inspired by Akshan
Sentinel Sanctuary (Pearl) – Inspired by Senna
Sentinel Sanctuary (Amethyst) – Inspired by Riven
There is no salvation from the darkness… not even darkness this cute.
Guardian Personality: Lovesick
Favorite color: Black, like his heart
An unfaltering light to keep the shadows at bay.
Guardian Personality: Bright
Nemesis: Viego Hauntling
Many champions will enter his arena… NONE SHALL LEAVE!
Guardian Personality: Fiendish
Favorite food: Burnt pancakes
A reformed wraith of the Shadow Isles, Gloomtooth now vows to fight the very darkness they were born from.
Guardian Personality: Hopeful
Wants: To prove themselves
The Ruined King
The Rogue Sentinel
Sentinels of Light
Oh, what might have been…
Exactly as I’d hoped.
“I love watching a trainwreck.
Pass? Attack? Emote until the timer runs down?
- The Sentinels of Light Event Pass is available in the Store for 975 Coins:
Will life as we know it succumb to the Ruined King’s Black Mist, or can the Sentinels of Light save Runeterra from corruption?
Grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards, and immediately unlocks the Viego Hauntling Guardian or Sentinel Hauntling Guardian. Play games to earn Crests and unlock more rewards! Purchase before July 28 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Crests and a Rare Prismatic Chest!
Event ends and pass expires August 11 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
The Hope and Ruin bundle is available in the Store for 6831 Coins, prorated for any items you already own. Bundle includes:
- Unbound Thresh Skin
- Ruined Karma Skin
- Ruined Draven Skin
- Ruined Shyvana Skin
- Sentinel Diana Skin
- Sentinel Riven Skin
- Sentinel Irelia Skin
- Champion cards for all of the above champions
The Light’s Haven bundle is available in the Store for 2675 Coins, prorated for any items you already own. Bundle includes:
- Sentinel Sanctuary Board
- 3 chroma variations inspired by Akshan, Riven, and Senna.
The Rise of the Ruined deck bundle is available in the Store for 3276 Coins, prorated for any items you already own:
- A premade deck that calls for the Ruination, featuring Viego and Shyvana, as well as the Ruined Shyvana skin. Viego has an appetite for death, so prepare for some self-sacrifice in this Shadow Isles deck. Make big plays and possess enemy units to spread Ruination across Runeterra.
The Sentinels’ Calling deck bundle is available in the Store for 2970 Coins, prorated for any items you already own:
- A premade deck centered around the Sentinels of Light, featuring Akshan and Riven, as well as the Sentinel Riven skin. With an arsenal of weapons at the ready, Akshan and Riven buff scrappy allies for quick damage and set up Countdown landmarks to keep pressure on the enemy.
Two new archetypes have been added to Expeditions:
- Malefic Descent: Spread chaos with the dark forces of the Viego and Shyvana.
- Relic Trackers: Discover hidden treasures and fantastic artifacts through precise combat with Akshan and Riven.
- Best of 3 has been added as a format option to Friend Challenge.
- Units with “When I’m discarded” effects should now correctly retain their buffs they had in hand when discarded.
- Tossed units will now properly gain Everywhere buffs.
- Fixed a bug where Riven’s level 2 ability wasn’t working with Voice of the Risen.
- Lurk should now properly trigger with Ripper’s Bay if the card under an obliterated card is a Lurker.
- Fixed a bug where canceling a multiple-choice spell would result in choices being locked.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the Scout attack token to sometimes appear and become permanently stuck when removing attacking units.
- Fixed a VFX hitching bug occurring on certain devices.
- Several improvements to text across the game in our continued effort for text consistency.