TL;DR – On January 19 at 10:00AM PT, the Asia and Southeast Asia shards are merging into a single shard named Asia-Pacific, or APAC. Please note: until patch 3.1.0 on Feb 2, players on this shard will see their shard name listed as “SEA” in-game. After that patch goes live, the shard name will be listed as “APAC.”
Hey folks! As stated above, the Asia and SEA shards are merging together into a single shard, referred to as Asia-Pacific (or APAC, for short) on January 19. If you’re not playing on the Asia or Southeast Asia shard already, this merge will not affect you.
While this requires some technical wizardry on our side, it should be a very smooth process for players in these regions, requiring no direct action, and resulting in shorter queue times and a wider variety of opponents in PvP queues.
Let’s break down what this means:
- We’re merging the Asia and SEA shards to improve the overall experience for players in these regions, shortening queue times and providing an opportunity for more players to play together across regions.
- No action is required from players on these shards – the process is fully automated.
- Coin prices and in-game store prices will stay the same for all players within their respective region.
- All player data is being maintained in the transfer, with the exception of match history.
Rank / Master Rank LP, MMR, Prime Glories, The Path of Champions progress, and personal Collections are fully-maintained.
- The Asia and SEA shard Seasonal Tournaments are also being merged into a single tournament, starting with the Magic Misadventures Seasonal Tournament.
- The top 700 ranked Masters players from the combined Leaderboard will qualify for the Open Rounds after the cutoff on February 3 at 11:59PM SGT (Feb 4 at 12:59AM JPT / Feb 3 at 7:59AM PT).
- The full Seasonal Tournament schedule with updated times for the Open Rounds and Playoffs will be available in the near future.
- At this point in time, no additional shard merges are planned, but we’ll provide an update if that changes in the future.
If you’re unsure what shard you’re on currently, you can check it by opening your settings menu in-game and going to the About tab, then navigating down to your shard details. For reference, here is the full list of locations from the existing SEA and Asia shards merging into the APAC shard:
- Hong Kong
- Myanmar [Burma]
- Republic of Korea